Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 77 - the black mood

Let me start off by stating the obvious. I HATE PERIODS. Not in the normal, "oh how annoying that I have to BLEED for 4 days straight" way, I really hate them. I hate being a woman for this reason. I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago and I still pay for and take birth control pills just so that I only have 4 periods a year. And I still hate them. Mark can't be a big fan of them either because I end up bitching at him more than usual and send him out to the store at 9 o'clock at night to fetch me chocolate. I scream at the dogs all day for making noise or following me around.

I went for a 4.2 mile run after work yesterday after buying new, $20 "athletic" insoles for my running shoes - ran all the way home from Sports Authority - and they SUCK. My feet were KILLING me. Plus I had bruises and abrasions on my inner arms from wearing too short a sleeve with my Camelbak straps. Not to mention my HOUR podcast didn't get me all the way home. And for what? My trick didn't even work. I was hovering at 850 calories for the day and then the chocolate craving hit. Ended up going over and then the scale was mean to me this morning. Not to mention being woken up at 4am with my nose running and realizing the bleeding had started and I was unprepared. And when I finally get back to bed, Mark's stretched out over the whole bed and I have to contend with pointy elbow in my ribs the rest of the night.

Black Thursday, 160.5 lbs

Food detail:

Kashi waffles - 150
Progresso light chicken vegetable rotini soup - 140
ER chewy granola bar - 100
3 oz snap peas - 40
4 oz chopped ham - 204
2 small roasted potatoes - 200
10 miniature Kit Kats - 420

total = 1254

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! On the plus side you are probably retaining water right now and after your period the scale will be much nicer to you!

    ReplyDelete