Monday, March 14, 2011

Diet Days 24 and 25

I didn't post yesterday because I was angry at the scale. Or me. Or at restaurants for not putting calorie counts on their menus. Whatever the case, apparently I cannot have "unmeasured" food two days in a row or the scale gets mean. Either that or the risotto was injected with fat and calories.

In case anyone is wondering where I get the calorie counts, I have a program on my Blackberry called "Fat Secret" where you can type in what food you are looking for and it will give you several national name brands to choose from. For instance, since I had no way of knowing the calories in Asparagus, artichoke, bacon risotto, I chose the Traders Joes brand of asparagus risotto and just added in the calories for the artichokes and bacon (estimated quantities). There's a lot of guesswork involved in this. I try to be fair and choose the average count for items to get the most accurate numbers. As you can see, sometimes I fail. 

Sunday morning, 171 lbs

Food detail:

4 oz OJ - 51
2 large poached eggs - 26
1/3 serving fat free plain yogurt - 140
leftover asparagus risotto - 224
with artichoke - 45
and bacon - 27
fat free cocoa - 20
chicken noodle soup - 100
Sukis dinner salad: lettuce (0), cucumber (8), mushrooms (4), monterey jack (105), 1 Tbspn ranch dressing (73), garlic bread (93)
3 oz Malibu rum - 193
1/2 serving tater tots - 85

total = 1201

I meant to go for a run on Sunday as well, but Mother Nature saw fit to, well, throw a fit and we were nearly blasted off the planet by a squall of epic proportions. So much for my run. I ended up sewing a cute messenger bag out of a Jack Daniels t-shirt. I'll put it on my website for sale as soon as I get it washed and photographed.

I've also been asked what HG stands for in some of my posts. My dear friend Rachel, upon hearing I was starting this diet, loaned me a cookbook of hers called "Hungry Girl 200 Under 200". They have a wesite here: http://www.hungry-girl.com/. Check it out!

Monday morning, still 171 lbs

Sunday food detail:

1 HG fluffy lemon square - 121
Taco Bell beefy 5 layer burrito - 550
1 serving HG not potato salad - 97
5.5 oz red potatos - 112
Skinny Cow low fat carmel cone ice cream - 170

total = 1050

No comments:

Post a Comment