Thursday, March 10, 2011

Diet Day 21

Today marks 3 WEEKS I've been on this "diet" and with today's weigh in I have officially lost 6.5 lbs. That may not SOUND like much, but if you lose more than that in this amount of time, it is unhealthy and statistically impossible to keep it off. I am losing at the very top speed that is recommended - about 2 lbs a week. Sadly, this wont last, at some point I will "plateau" and will actually have to start exercising to continue losing, but when you are your heaviest, if you really, honestly keep to it, you shed them fast.

This has not been without struggle. Every night after dinner I miss having my slice of cake from the Safeway bakery - spongy, white goodness nestled under two thick layers of super sweet butter cream frosting..... and for a moment I get angry. Last night I was so pissed I couldn't have it, I went and grabbed the entire container of Fat Free Cool Whip intending to drown my sorrows in it's cool, plasticy substitute.

but a funny thing happened. I got full. After about a dozen tablespoons, I put the container away. I had only done 90 calories of damage to my day's count, and I was full.

Thursday morning, 169.5 lbs

Food detail:

Kashi 7 grain waffles - 150
4 oz OJ - 51
1.25 servings of Cheesy Cauliflower casserole - 146 (although, I got full and didn't finish it...)
1 serving not quite potato salad - 97
plus 3 oz potatos - 61
7 grams egg white - 4
2.5 saltines - 32
2.4 oz pork chop - 126
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil - 60
1/2 cup rice - 121
1/2 serving petite mixed vegetables - 25
sugar free Jello pudding - 60
SC low fat ice cream - 150
6 servings Fat Free Cool Whip - 90

total = 1173

No comments:

Post a Comment