Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diet Day 26

So I didn't sleep AT ALL last night, combination of the stupid time change, getting excited about sewing again (and having watched a demo on a new machine) and unable to turn my brain off, plus forgetting to take my pill yesterday so I could breathe, drinking Diet Mt. Dew immediately before bed, and what I had for dinner that made my tummy rumble all night (I'll get back to that), and mysteriously my leg started hurting about 3am and didn't stop until 6:10am, 40 minutes after I got up and took an Excedrin.

So after work yesterday, I did a bunch of chores and then ran to the sewing machine store to see about getting my machine repaired (AGAIN). The other night it started sewing ALL BY ITSELF again and since it is so old it has no "off" switch so it wasn't until I could make it to the end of the plug and unplug the darn thing did it stop. Quite a dangerous situation if you ask me, so when we took it in (and waited long enough) it miraculously did it again while we were standing there so the guys at the shop could a) believe us and b) see it in action. Kind of like how you can never get your car to "make that sound" when you're at the shop? Anyway, the machine is as old as I am and they do not make the motor for it anymore, so if they can't find one to replace it I'm going to need a new machine. Long story short, I was late getting back home to get ready for my book club meeting so I didn't have time for a low-cal dinner at home and had to fend for myself at the meeting at the Bagdad.

For any non-Portlanders reading, the Bagdad is a member of a local theatre/restaurant chain that does not specialize in low cal food. Nor could I find a calorie count online for any of their foods besides their hand crafted beers. And the lowest pint of that is 170 calories. I opted for a Malibu and diet soda. From the variety of strange foods on the menu, I ended up choosing something called the "3 Faces of Eve" which consisted of some hummus, pomegranate walnut dip and feta yogurt dip with grilled flat bread. It was heavenly, which means it had lotsa calories. I did my best in looking them up and adding them to my daily log, but anytime I go out, it's anyone's guess what they really are. In the end, I decided I had better skip the movie (after my book club meetings, we get to screen the movie made from the book we just discussed) because the smell of freshly popped theatre popcorn would have been the end of me.

Staying up all night has it's rewards, Tuesday morning, 169.5 lbs

Food detail:
Michelina's Lean Gourmet Creamy Rigatoni with broccoli and chicken - 270
Little Debbie Oatmeal cream pie - 170
sugar free jello pudding - 60
Greek yogurt veggie dip - 60
roasted garlic hummus - 180
walnuts - 185
pita bread - 124
1 oz rum - 64

total = 1113

No comments:

Post a Comment