Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 225 - I made bagels. and DAMN they are good.

So I am taking issue with what my little program says about bagels. Why in the HELL should a bagel have almost 300 calories in it? Mine don't! I did some research last night to confirm my theory, but food only contains as many calories as the sum of it's ingredients! It's not like when you combine yeast and sugar they make MORE calories. Therefore my bagels which only contain:

water = 0
1.5 tsp salt =  0
2 Tbsps sugar = 92
3 cups bread flour = 1320
2.25 tsp yeast = 0

equals 1412 divided by 9 servings is only 156.8 calories per bagel!!!! What the CRAP do they put in everyone else's bagels??? Do I even want to know? So basically, homemade IS low calories bagels! I wonder how many are in my French bread.. lets see... water, salt, yeast - all zero. Ok, 2 tsp sugar and 3 cups flour. That's 1350 total, and I cut it into 28 slices, that's 48 calories a slice!!!!!! Sure, they are kinda small since they were supposed to be baguettes and ended up being two slightly short loaves, but good GRIEF! What the hell is making regular sandwich bread be over 100 calories a slice???? and this tastes SOOO much better. I wonder then, why other yummy real food things have to have so damn many calories... like a little red potato. WTF potato? Why you so laden with calories? I love you. Why you be so mean? Anyhow.... fresh, homemade bagel for breakfast... mmmmmm.......

Thursday morning, 146.1 lbs

Food detail:

Breakfast
1 serving Instant Oatmeal - Maple and Brown Sugar - 160

Lunch
1/2 oz Beef Top Sirloin - 27
2 small Red Potatoes (Flesh and Skin) - 245

Dinner
1 cup cooked Brown Rice - 215
1 serving szechuan chicken - 210

Snacks/Other
1 regular Bagel - 270 I think not! 157
2 oz Dry Roasted Pistachio Nuts (with Salt Added) - 322
1 tbsp Light or Lite Cream Cheese - 35
1 serving Totally Vanilla Cuties - 130
1 serving Whoppers - 190

Total = 1804 ha! 1691. Ok, still not great, I should not have eaten the pistachios, but I'm currently between projects and have nothing to occupy my hands while watching tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment