Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 133 - the end of F210k Week 6

Got back on track yesterday, and then went to the gym and ran the hardest I ever have. I've been trying to increase my speed to get a better time on my next race and I guess running outside I just don't have any way of judging that. It was pretty warm and WAY too sunny yesterday so I went to the gym and finished Week 6 of my Freeway to 10k program on a treadmill. Week 6 had me run 6 intervals of 8 minutes each with a 1 minute walking recovery. I managed the first interval at 4.7 mph, the second at 4.5 mph, the 3rd at 4.4 mph and did the other 3 at a mix of 4.2-4.4 mph. At the halfway point I was already DYING (the A/C doesn't work so well at the gym, but I had a fan next to my treadmill or I would have straight up quit).

By the time I got to the 4th interval I was really ready to quit. I got to thinking about how some days are just too much and it's ok to not finish, but then I saw the time on the treadmill saying I'd only been at it for 25 minutes, and felt like if I quit then I'd be a failure. I figured I'd keep going till I hit at least 30 minutes (I completely forgot that I already did 10 minutes on a different treadmill then switched to the one by the fan), which would be the end of that interval. Then I got to thinking about how much I disliked the music in Week 6, and if I quit I would have to hear it AGAIN. That's really all that kept me going. And then the only other gal in the gym finished her elliptical workout and got on the treadmill next to me. That kind of helped too.

It's sort of a competitive thing when I get to the gym and work out longer than ANY OTHER PERSON THERE. She had arrived after me and if I could just keep going till she left..... and she started with a walk, and when she started to run, I was pacing her, which also helped. And she figured out how to turn on the tv over her treadmill (mine was missing it's remote) so I watched her tv for a while and that helped. And then on my last interval, she quit and walked away so I had won my internal time competition and then the very last thing that got me through it was that.... I miscounted. I thought I had a whole minute left to go on my last run and my podcast gave the musical indication to switch to a walk and I had done it. I had finished Week 6. I was the color of a pomegranate, but I did it.

Wednesday morning, 152.3 lbs

Food Detail:

Breakfast
1/2 serving Fat Free Milk - 45
1 serving Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cereal - Berry Yogurt Crunch - 170

Lunch
1 serving 45 Calories and Delightful 100% Multi Grain Bread (Sara Lee) - 90
1 serving Concord Grape Jelly - 50
1/2 serving Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter - 90

Dinner
1 serving Lasagna with Meat and Sauce (Family Size) - 280

Snacks/Other
1 serving Ritz Crackerfuls - Four Cheese - 130
1 serving Smooth & Dreamy Ice Cream Sandwiches - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - 160
1 serving white cheddar rice & corn cakes - 40

Total = 1055

No comments:

Post a Comment