Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 209 - Woohoo, Prime rib!

So for the first time in over 200 days, I just HAD to get my prime rib on. It had been too long. Before I was dieting (B.D.) I was actively attempting to rate all the local prime rib in Portland. Sadly, before I could finish the top contender went out of business and I had to practically start over - re-evaluating everyone who had fallen short. Then the other day I noticed that another contender went out of business as well. DAMN. So now I had to find some NEW place to rate and I still feel like I'm not getting  the best out there. I rate mostly on taste, because if it's extraordinary, that's all that counts, but if it's just average or even just good, then price counts just as much.

We went to a rather unlikely place on the NE Portland/Gresham border called the Refectory whose website claims their "20 hour slow roasted prime rib is the specialty of the house and a major reason customers visit us time and time again." On Sunday and Monday nights they offer this with a salad, potato, bread and a glass of house wine for only $18.95. Not too shabby price wise, and their house Merlot was pretty good. The prime rib itself didn't knock my socks off, but coupled with the wine and the price it would get me back in the door. It's been a while since I've had it from our local pizza joint, Pizza Roma, but last time I went on a Friday night for their special which includes salad, pasta salad, and a giant Texas toast for around $13, it was better. The atmosphere at Refectory was better though, big old world wooden booth dinner place with no children in sight.


But you didn't come here looking for a Prime Rib review, right? Sadly, with my crazy morning I had (had to get Luna to the vet for a dental appointment at 8am and couldn't give her breakfast but had to walk her till I got a "sample" for the vet) I did not have time to weigh myself. 

So, Tuesday morning ???? lbs.


Food detail:


Breakfast
1 serving Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cereal - Berry Yogurt Crunch - 170
1/2 cup Milk (Nonfat) - 43

Lunch
1 cup Meatless Fried Rice - 251

Dinner
1 small Baked Potato (Peel Not Eaten) - 97
1/2 cup slices Cucumber (with Peel) - 8
1 serving Dark Rye Bread - 70
1 serving Mixed Salad Greens - 20
6 oz boneless Prime Rib - 452
1 tbsp Ranch Salad Dressing - 73

Snacks/Other
2 servings Low Fat Ice Cream - 200 (this was after we got home because we ate WAY too early)
2 5 fl oz servings Merlot Wine - 247

Total = 1631

No comments:

Post a Comment