Sunday, February 20, 2011

Year 38, Day 6

I thought the weekend would be harder somehow. I guess I forgot that on weekends I'm usually not hungry at all, until I've gone HOURS without anything and then BOOM, I get swoony and have to eat SOMETHING. Well, I had my usual "little something" - this time it was an 80 calorie light vanilla yogurt and my 4oz of juice and then nothing else till nearly 3pm after we picked up my hubby's new truck. I was on my way to see my bestie (my birthday present had come in the mail) and I suddenly could go no further so I stopped at Wendy's. Yeah, I hear ya, but l happened to know that a Jr. Cheeseburger has only 270 calories! And they have the sweetest, softest buns.....

Sorry, I get swoony over them. Anyway, I had one - ate it nice and slowly like I ought to, and then my car wouldn't start. So while I waited for it to cool down, I ate my garden side salad (25 calories) with my fingers... dry.... no dressing or those fancy croutons that they included in my bag. And a water. I seem to recall that water is important.

By the time all my errands were done for the day, I had two hours to get ready for a show I was going to AND make and eat dinner. I had only eaten lunch a couple hours before so I decided to do hair and makeup first. Then I started chopping.

Sweet Mayan onion, red skin potato, fresh asparagus, red bell pepper and ham steak. When stir fried together with just zero calorie cooking spray, this delectable meal (in the right portion) yields a yummy dinner of only (approximately) 210 calories. How so? Well, we did the math. A one pound ham steak is 4 servings at 100 calories each. The bag of potatos claimed each potato had 110 calories. The onion and asparagus are on the list I previously posted of "negative calorie foods", and bell pepper, well, I figured it might as well be on their too, since an ENTIRE pepper only has 30 calories, I only chopped up half of one, and then only ate 1/4 of that. So I made a 4 serving dish, and we ate half of it between the two of us = 210 calorie dinner. Woohoo!


Oh and exercise? I got PLENTY. After a morning of yardwork (1 hr) and taking the dogs to the park, at the show I danced for nearly 3 solid hours. I have the blisters to prove it!

Sunday morning (holding steady) 173.5

Food detail
4oz OJ - 55
yogurt - 80
jr. cheeseburger - 270
side salad no dressing - 25
dinner - 210
2) double rum and cokes - 204
popcorn - 100
total = 944

No comments:

Post a Comment