Thursday, January 26, 2012

Days 296-300

So I know it's been almost a week, but I wanted to give this new way of eating a try for a bit before I judged it. Mostly because right off the bat, I gained two pounds, LOL. The first day I stopped counting I went up to 150.7, and then by Monday I was at 152.7. I remained there until this morning when I was greeted by 151.4. There was still a bit of "non-food" in the house and I'm sure I had some of it - specifically diet soda and a frozen lasagna (not too terrible, but there was an ingredient or two I couldn't pronounce.)

We have finally finished most of the $90 worth of "healthy foods" we bought last Thursday. Last night I turned a couple round steaks into "country fried steak and gravy" with mashed sweet potatoes. Not the most low cal thing I could have done with it, but it wasn't a very good cut of meat. The gravy was good though. And it wasn't even as high cal as it could have been because the recipe called for lard and I used crisco.

Tuesday we did schnitzel with some pork chops with brown rice and fresh green beans. Oh, yeah, and I made a cheesecake. Not as good as my mom's (which is a no-bake kind) but tastes more like New York cheesecake.

Monday we had the rest of the turkey kielbasa with onions, red potatoes and red pepper. I don't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday, but I made a tuna noodle casserole. It was the bomb. We were nearly fighting over the leftovers. It must have been Saturday because I think Sunday was when we were out shopping and stopped and got a salad at Arby's to bring home for dinner. Occasionally I just crave salad.

There's been very few nights when we didn't actually cook something. And the weirdest part is.... I'm starting to like it.

Thursday morning, 151.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment